Royal Family news – Queen made BRUTAL 'stinging' remark attacking Kate Middleton's luxury lifestyle and fancy holidays

Royal Family news – Queen made BRUTAL 'stinging' remark attacking Kate Middleton's luxury lifestyle and fancy holidays

08/17/2021

THE Queen made a "stinging" remark about Kate Middleton's luxury lifestyle soon after she hooked up with Prince William, it is claimed.

The 95-year-old monarch reportedly believed that "swanning from one five-star holiday resort to another" was "not the prerequisite for a young woman possibly destined to be Queen".

In her 2010 biography William and Harry, author Katie Nicholl claimed that, by 2008, Kate's "love of exotic holidays" had caught the Queen's attention.

She wrote: "If she was not with William at Balmoral then the couple were skiing or holidaying on Mustique.

"Kate was there so often the press dubbed her 'Queen of Mustique', a title that had previously belonged to Princess Margaret.

"Britain was now in a recession and such frivolous displays of wealth were unpalatable to the Queen."

Read our Royal Family live blog for the latest updates…

  • Joseph Gamp

    INSIDERS CLAIM QUEEN AND FAMILY MISSED SUNDAY CHURCH SERVICE AT BALMORAL ESTATE

    Her Majesty and her family missed Sunday’s church service on the estate.

    Insiders have suggested that they may have done so while waiting for the results of PCR tests.

    The Queen’s trip to Balmoral is her first away from Windsor since the Duke of Edinburgh’s death in April.

    Last month, sources said the “tired and grieving” monarch “could not wait” to get away. Family parties are planned despite the royals deeply missing Philip — affectionately dubbed the “Master of the Barbecue”.

    William, Kate and their three children are expected to arrive later this month in addition to Mike and Zara Tindall.

  • Joseph Gamp

    PICTURED: MEGHAN AND HARRY STATEMENT ON AFGHANISTAN

    In a lengthy joint statement posted on their Archewell site, the pair urged the world to prove "our humanity".

    And they expressed their heartache at other global issues – including the earthquake in Haiti and new Covid variants.

    The couple – using their Duke and Duchess of Sussex titles – wrote: "As we all feel the many layers of pain due to the situation in Afghanistan, we are left speechless.

    The couple issued a vague and far-reaching statementCredit: Archewell
  • Joseph Gamp

    PRINCE ANDREW ‘STICKING TO HIS GUNS’ OVER SEX CLAIMS AND IS ‘RELAXED ABOUT LAWSUIT’

    PRINCE Andrew is to keep silent about the sex allegations against him and is said to be relaxed about the lawsuit he faces.

    The Duke of York, 61, “has no intention” of changing course and is not sweating on Virginia Giuffre’s civil action launched last week, a pal says.

    The friend in London said: “He has been cheerful and relaxed at Balmoral.

    “His legal team always expected this and have prepared. They advised the Duke to keep calm and carry on and he is taking their advice.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    AFGHAN CRISIS

    Harry, who spent 10 years in the Army and went on two tours of duty on the frontline in Afghanistan, referenced the Invictus Games.

    But their response is likely to raise eyebrows as the pair have been such big supporters of under-fire president Joe Biden in the past.

    He has been slammed for standing by his controversial decision to remove American troops out of Afghanistan – leading the way for the Taliban to seize power.

    Mr Biden also blasted the Afghan army for "giving up" in a speech branded "one of the most shameful in US history" after days of silence on the crisis.

    The president said: "The truth is, this did unfold more quickly than we had anticipated.

    "So what's happened?

    "Afghanistan political leaders gave up and fled the country."

  • Joseph Gamp

    MEGHAN & HARRY SAY THEY ‘FEEL THE MANY LAYERS OF PAIN’

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex claimed they have been left “speechless” at the Taliban takeover.

    In a lengthy joint statement posted on their Archewell site, the pair urged the world to prove “our humanity”.

    The couple wrote: “As we all feel the many layers of pain due to the situation in Afghanistan, we are left speechless.

    “As we all watch the growing humanitarian disaster in Haiti, and the threat of it worsening after last weekend’s earthquake, we are left heartbroken.

    “And as we all witness the continuing global health crisis, exacerbated by new variants and constant misinformation, we are left scared.

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    ‘NOTHING OFF LIMITS’

    Harry will be meeting the Queen when he flies back to England before the year is out to film preparations for the Invictus Games with Netflix. But some royal experts have warned that “nothing is off limits” with the Duke, who could try to film the private meeting.

    Royal expert Russell Myers told Lorraine: “Imagine him popping up outside Buckingham Palace with a camera crew?  Will we see Harry back with a camera crew in tow outside the palace? You never know. Nothing is off limits with Harry.

    “He’s obviously signed a big money deal with Netflix. One of these documentary ideas that he came up with was having a camera crew create a documentary about the Invictus Games, the fantastic sports event which he created in 2013 which have gone on to be a huge success.

    “It’s a fantastic initiative for injured servicemen and women of getting out with the power of sports and a global phenomenon.”

    Harry will be appearing on camera for the doc, as well as being an executive producer, working with Orlando von Einsiedel.

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    MEGHAN MARKLE FINALLY RECOGNISED AS MUM-OF-TWO BY ROYALS

    The official web page for the Duchess of Sussex on royal.uk listed Meg as a mother of one until the end of July – even though baby Lili arrived on June 4.

    Before then, fans looking for information on Meghan were told: "The Duke and Duchess have one child, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor."

    However, the site has now finally been updated.

    It reads: "The Duke and Duchess have two children, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor and Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor."

    It's the second time the official site has delayed changing details on Lili.

     

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    MEGHAN & HARRY SAY THEY ‘FEEL THE MANY LAYERS OF PAIN’ (Continued…)

    The couple went on to say in their statement: "When any person or community suffers, a piece of each of us does so with them, whether we realize it or not. And though we are not meant to live in a state of suffering, we, as a people, are being conditioned to accept it.

    "It's easy to find ourselves feeling powerless, but we can put our values into action – together.

    "To start, we encourage you to join us in supporting a number of organizations doing critical work. We also urge those in positions of global influence to rapidly advance the humanitarian dialogues that are expected to take place this fall at multilateral gatherings such as the UN General Assembly and the G20 Leaders' Summit.

    "As an international community, it is the decision we make now – to alleviate suffering among those we know and those we may never meet – that will prove our humanity."

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    MEGHAN & HARRY SAY THEY ‘FEEL THE MANY LAYERS OF PAIN’

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex claimed they have been left "speechless" at the Taliban takeover.

    In a lengthy joint statement posted on their Archewell site, the pair urged the world to prove "our humanity".

    The couple wrote: "As we all feel the many layers of pain due to the situation in Afghanistan, we are left speechless.

    "As we all watch the growing humanitarian disaster in Haiti, and the threat of it worsening after last weekend's earthquake, we are left heartbroken.

    "And as we all witness the continuing global health crisis, exacerbated by new variants and constant misinformation, we are left scared.

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    HARRY AND MEGHAN WILL NOT CHRISTEN LILIBET IN FRONT OF QUEEN AT WINDSOR, ROYAL EXPERT CLAIMS

    The Sussexe's will have a 'secret' christening in the US according to a royal expert.

    It was previously reported that the couple wanted to christen Lilibet at Windsor in front of the Queen.

    However royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliam has told the Express the couple will 'do things their own way' with Lilibet.

    He said: "It seems certain that her christening will be in Meghan’s home state and with the secrecy but without the controversy that surrounded Archie’s christening."

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    THE QUEEN’S ‘STINGING’ COMMENTS TO KATE MIDDLETON FOR LUXURY LIFESTYLE & ‘SWANNING OFF ON FIVE-STAR HOLIDAYS’

    The 95-year-old monarch reportedly believed that "swanning from one five-star holiday resort to another" was "not the prerequisite for a young woman possibly destined to be Queen".

    In her 2010 biography William and Harry, author Katie Nicholl claimed that, by 2008, Kate's "love of exotic holidays" had caught the Queen's attention.

    She wrote: "If she was not with William at Balmoral then the couple were skiing or holidaying on Mustique.

    "Kate was there so often the press dubbed her 'Queen of Mustique', a title that had previously belonged to Princess Margaret.

    "Britain was now in a recession and such frivolous displays of wealth were unpalatable to the Queen."

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    MEGHAN MARKLE AND PRINCE HARRY ‘ATTACKING’ THE QUEEN IS ‘UNFORGIVABLE’ AND ’EMBARRASSING’, SAYS THOMAS

    The 77-year-old, who is yet to meet grandchildren Archie and Lilibet, made the shocking statements during an interview with GB News.

    He said: “For God’s sake. Attacking their 95-year-old grandmother is unforgiveable.

    “None of the rest of the world deserves what they’ve been shovelling out. It’s embarrassing they are doing this.

    “It’s embarrassing for them to be telling me a few years ago to ‘never talk to the press’, but then they spend three hours on a show with Oprah where Harry claims he’s reclaiming his mental illness and curing himself. It is a joke.

    “You don’t go on the TV and talk for three hours and get rid of your mental illness, you talk to a psychiatrist in a room somewhere and you work out your problems.”

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    MEGHAN MARKLE’S MOTHER DORIA RAGLAND’S ‘ROYAL SPEED-DATING’ BEFORE DUCHESS WED HARRY

    A relationship expert has said that Meghan’s mum Doria went “royal speed dating” as she was introduced to her new son-in-law Prince Harry’s family for the first time.

    Relationship expert Anjula Mutanda said: “Meeting all the royals – Kate, William, Charles – must have felt like royal speed dating, ‘I’ve got to get to know everybody, I’ve got to form these connections really quickly.’”

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    PRINCE ANDREW ‘STICKING TO HIS GUNS’ OVER SEX CLAIMS AND IS ‘RELAXED ABOUT LAWSUIT’

    PRINCE Andrew is to keep silent about the sex allegations against him and is said to be relaxed about the lawsuit he faces.

    The Duke of York, 61, “has no intention” of changing course and is not sweating on Virginia Giuffre’s civil action launched last week, a pal says.

    The friend in London said: “He has been cheerful and relaxed at Balmoral.

    “His legal team always expected this and have prepared. They advised the Duke to keep calm and carry on and he is taking their advice.”

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    FERGIE SAYS QUEEN WAS MORE OF A MOTHER TO HER THAN HER REAL MUM EVER WAS

    THE Duchess of York believes the Queen was more of a mother to her than her own mum.

    Sarah Ferguson, who divorced Prince Andrew in 1996, called the monarch her “greatest mentor” who always believed in her.

    She said: “I absolutely admire the incredible way Her Majesty is so modern . . . and how flexible, and how understanding, and how forgiving and how generous.”

    Sarah, 61, has been at the centre of several royal scandals over the years. But she said on the Tea with Twiggy podcast: “My mother-in-law has been more of a mother to me than my mother.

    “I absolutely think there is no greater mentor because, from a little girl to now, the consistency of Her Majesty has been a great honour, it’s a huge honour — makes me want to cry.”

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    EXPLAINED: WHAT ARE THE INVICTUS GAMES?

    The Invictus Games is a bi-annual sporting event created by Prince Harry for injured military personnel.

    Founded in 2014, the sporting event sees wounded, injured or sick armed services personnel and veterans compete in nine sports.

    The 2020 event, which was postponed due to Covid, and has been delayed yet again.

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    NEW MESSAGE FROM HARRY AND MEGHAN

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    PRINCE HARRY STATEMENT ON AFGHANISTAN

    The Duke of Sussex has encouraged veterans to “offer support for one another” in the wake of the Taliban resurgence in Afghanistan.

    As patron of the Invictus Games Foundation, which supports veterans’ recovery via sports competitions, Harry has issued a joint statement with the organisation’s chair Lord Allen of Kensington CBE and the chief executive Dominic Reid OBE.

    Their statement said: “What’s happening in Afghanistan resonates across the international Invictus community.

    “Many of the participating nations and competitors in the Invictus Games family are bound by a shared experience of serving in Afghanistan over the past two decades, and for several years, we have competed alongside Invictus Games Team Afghanistan.

    “We encourage everybody across the Invictus network – and the wider military community – to reach out to each other and offer support for one another.”

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    BALMORAL COVID SCARE (CONTINUED)

    The source added: “Courtiers mooted the idea of staff putting the family’s meals on a buffet table with the royals then helping themselves.

    “But the Queen has decided food will continue being served by servants and the family will still go out shooting stag and having picnics on the estate.

    “Although Her Majesty is 95 and has been double jabbed, the feeling is she still has to be careful yet she’s determined to carry on as normal. She does not want to overreact.”

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    QUEEN IN COVID SCARE AS WORKER AT BALMORAL TESTS POSITIVE

    THE Queen is to remain at Balmoral for her summer break despite concerns for her safety after a staff member tested positive for Covid.

    Her Majesty, 95, decided to stay at the Scottish retreat where the employee was sent home on Saturday following a PCR test.

    Sources said Her Majesty sees the annual holiday as her chance to “get back to normal” following the death of Prince Philip and Megxit.

    She also has a “castle-full” of relatives including Prince Andrew and ex-wife Fergie, Princess Beatrice and husband Edoardo Mozzi, and Prince Edward and Sophie.

    A source said: “All the staff at Balmoral are tested for Covid daily and on Saturday this person showed up as positive. They were sent home and the staff canteen and bar were shut. They’re on a separate block on the estate. Workers have been told to wear masks and to socially distance but the royals themselves are pretty much carrying on as they were.”

    Read more here.

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    INSIDERS CLAIM QUEEN AND FAMILY MISSED SUNDAY CHURCH SERVICE AT BALMORAL ESTATE

    Her Majesty and her family missed Sunday’s church service on the estate.

    Insiders have suggested that they may have done so while waiting for the results of PCR tests.

    The Queen’s trip to Balmoral is her first away from Windsor since the Duke of Edinburgh’s death in April.

    Last month, sources said the “tired and grieving” monarch “could not wait” to get away. Family parties are planned despite the royals deeply missing Philip — affectionately dubbed the “Master of the Barbecue”.

    William, Kate and their three children are expected to arrive later this month in addition to Mike and Zara Tindall.

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    ROYAL EXPERT SAYS QUEEN PUT MONARCHY FIRST AHEAD OF MEG AND HARRY

    Reportedly “hurt and disappointed” by Megxit, the Queen adopted a monarchy-first mindset.

    Royal author Matthew Dennison has said that the monarch has consistently honoured “her father’s belief that ‘the highest of distinctions is the service of others’, she had placed the monarchy first”, meaning she left little wiggle room for Harry and Meghan to exercise any of their royal duties while across the pond.

    While the Queen has been firm in her decision “putting the monarchy first” and “still loving and supporting Harry and Meghan” are not mutually exclusive terms.

    With this in mind, Matthew states that, “Elizabeth had never been a sentimental woman; she had acted in the only way she understood.”

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    PRINCE ANDREW BEING TRACKED BY LAWYERS WHO ‘PLANNED TO AMBUSH HIM ON WINDSOR CASTLE HORSE RIDE’

    Andrew, 61, was the subject of a civil lawsuit filed by Virginia Roberts Giuffre in the US claiming he assaulted her in New York, London and the Caribbean when she was 17.

    The prince denies the allegations.

    Legal staff were waiting for Andrew to go on his regular horse ride at Windsor Castle just hours before the sex abuse allegations were filed, the Mirror reported.

    They reportedly wanted to serve him court papers in person.

    A source told the paper: “Virginia’s lawyers are under no illusions how difficult it is to get alongside the prince. They’ve been trying to speak to him for five years.

    “Processors were on the ground on Monday when the papers were filed in Manhattan hoping to hand them to him if he went out on his horse. He could be at Balmoral for months without coming out.”

    Under the Hague Convention, Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s legal team must give the papers to Andrew in person.

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    MEGHAN MARKLE’S DAD THOMAS CLAIMS ‘SHE’S BEEN LYING FOR YEARS’ AND SHE CHANGED SINCE MEETING HARRY IN NEW INTERVIEW

    The 77-year-old insisted that the Duchess of Sussex had been “lying for years” and that it was Prince Harry’s influence.

    Thomas, who is yet to meet grandchildren Archie and Lilibet, made the shocking accusations during an interview with GB News.

    Asked whether Meghan lied during the explosive interview with Oprah earlier this year, he said: “She lied. She’s been lying for years.

    “Lying about the archbishop? How can you say ‘we’ve been married three days before we got married’?

    “Her lies are so obvious, I don’t know why she says them.”

    Read more here.

  • louis.allwood@thesun.co.uk

    PRINCESS BEATRICE’S CHILDREN WILL GET UNIQUE TITLES – BUT THEY WON’T BE FROM THE QUEEN

    In May, Beatrice, 33, and husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, 38, announced they are having a child, and they will be the Queen’s 12th great-grandchild.

    It is not expected that Her Majesty will give the newborn a title when they arrive, but they could get a unique one through Edoardo’s family.

    Edoardo is actually an Italian count, so his children will also inherit a count or countess title. 

    Edoardo’s dad, Count Allessandro Mapelli Mozzi, explained to the Daily Mail: “Edoardo is the only male descendent taking the family into the next generation.

    “He is a count, his wife will be a countess automatically and any of their children will be counts or nobile donna.”

    Source: Read Full Article