Elliott Wright reveals police are investigating ‘scumbag’ arsonist responsible for burning down his restaurant

Elliott Wright reveals police are investigating ‘scumbag’ arsonist responsible for burning down his restaurant

04/27/2021

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Elliott Wright has revealed that he believes the fire that destroyed his Marbella restaurant Olivia's La Cala was the work of an arsonist.

A day after revealing his eatery had been burnt to the ground, the former TOWIE star vowed to get the business back on its feet while also branding the unknown offender a "scumbag".

The disheartened 41-year-old showed the extent of the restaurant's damage in a new clip shared on his Instagram on Tuesday.

Giving further context to the devastating situation, Elliott said in the clip: "So probably one of my worst videos I've ever made. My beautiful restaurant, my dream that I always dreamt of having, that I built six years ago has been completely destroyed, absolutely destroyed.


Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

"I can say now that it is arson. Someone's come and took my whole dream away, for whatever reason I'll never know because I don't have any enemies as far as I'm aware, I didn't think I did.

"Whether it's jealousy or competition, it doesn't really matter."

Switching the camera to his face, the reality star defiantly told his followers that he was going to "rise like a phoenix out of the ashes and rebuild his dream".

  • Jess Wright reveals her psoriasis is getting ‘worse by the month’ as she shares photo of battle with skin condition

  • Mark Wright emotionally relives moment he was told his Uncle Eddie had passed away from Coronavirus

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Elliott, who is married to Sadie Stuart, continued: "I don't deserve this, my family don't deserve this, my children don't deserve this, it's not fair.

"I haven't ever caused any problems. I don't know why it's been done to me, the police are investigating, and they will get over it and please God they catch them because whoever's done it is a scumbag.

"But I promise you this, I'm gonna rebuild it, and I'm gonna build it bigger and better than it ever has been, and I will do it in time for the summer, because if it's been done thinking I'm not gonna be open for the summer, I will be open this summer."

  • Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone

His famous family were quick to reassure him, with cousin Mark Wright commenting: "Why just why I ask myself, in a world that is so cruel anyway by nature right now, why can't we all Rally together?? Life is so short. Why would you do this to someone?

"Elliott is broken enough after losing his beloved dad!! I pray for the day humanity is kind and United, but I think the reality is, with the way the world is right now…. I can't see my prayers being answered anytime soon. Such a shame."

The fire comes after Elliott heartbreakingly announced his dad, Eddie, passed away after a battle with coronavirus just last month.

Source: Read Full Article