Harrison Ford, 79, steps out to grab a takeaway pizza in Mayfair

Harrison Ford, 79, steps out to grab a takeaway pizza in Mayfair

08/14/2021

Harrison Ford, 79, steps out to grab a takeaway pizza in Mayfair after having to take three months off Indiana Jones 5 filming due to shoulder injury

He has been forced to take a break from filming the upcoming Indiana Jones 5 movie for three months as he recovers from a shoulder injury sustained on set. 

And Harrison Ford was relaxing during his time off as he stepped out to grab a takeaway pizza in Mayfair, London, on Friday.

The legendary actor, 79, cut a casual figure as he headed home with his dinner while enjoying a relaxed stroll.

Star: Harrison Ford, 79, stepped out to grab a takeaway pizza in Mayfair on Friday after having to take three months off Indiana Jones 5 filming due to shoulder injury

He dressed low-key in a black jumper, dark trousers and brown shoes as he made his way down the street.  

The star looked happy and healthy during his understated solo outing to grab some dinner.  

Harrison has been in London for several weeks sightseeing while on his break from production.

Out and about: The legendary actor, 79, cut a casual figure as he headed home with his dinner while enjoying a relaxed stroll


Stepping out: He dressed low-key in a black jumper, dark trousers and brown shoes as he made his way down the street

Filming for the fifth and final Indiana Jones movie in the series was originally due for release in 2022, however that was before filming was pushed back by three months due to Harrison’s injury.  

It’s been a fresh blow for the movie – which sees James Mangold taking on directing duties from long-time helmer Steven Spielberg – after shooting was previously pushed back as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. 

An insider told The Sun’s Bizarre column because it’s Harrison’s last outing as Indiana, everybody was expecting it to be plain sailing.

Recovery: The star looked happy and healthy during his understated solo outing to grab some dinner

They said: ‘After the initial delays everyone was raring to go. But now Harrison is injured and it is worse than first thought. 

‘The film’s bosses have come together to work out the scheduling and it’s chaos. The earliest they think they can restart the production is September.

‘It was not what anyone was expecting so to have to change everything is a huge blow. Everyone was concerned for Harrison and they are glad he is on the mend.’

Raiders Of The Lost Ark director Steven Spielberg famously branded himself ‘an idiot’ for allowing Harrison to do his own stunts, including one where the starring actor had to outrun a prop weighing 300 pounds.

Injury: The icon has been forced to take a break from filming the upcoming Indiana Jones 5 movie for three months as he recovers from a shoulder injury sustained on set (Harrison pictured in the last Indiana Jones film in 2008)

Source: Read Full Article