‘Shame!’ Richard Bacon hints he wasn’t warned about GMB cancellation as he was set to host12/21/2021
GMB: Richard Bacon says Biden ‘has a duty to humans’
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Apparently unaware of the situation until the rest of the world were too, Richard Bacon took to social media to express his disappointment. The flagship show has been temporarily axed by ITV during the Christmas and New Year period to reduce possible transmission of COVID-19 – and particularly the Omicron variant – after presenter Sean Fletcher tested positive.
So I guess that means I won’t be presenting Good Morning Britain next week
However, by the time the story hit the national press, Richard was hinting that he had never even been told.
Taking to Twitter, he wrote in view of his 1.2 million followers: “So I guess that means I won’t be presenting Good Morning Britain next week (as planned).”
“Shame but makes complete and total sense.
“Hosting this week [though] – unless I get Covid between now and Wednesday – although at this rate we’ll all have it by then.”
The edition of the show that will air on Christmas Day is a pre-recorded one, while all other episodes during the height of the festive season will be axed altogether and replaced with a different show.
The last minute disruption to the schedule marks the first time the show has ever been cut in the entire history of its existence.
For pre-Christmas shows this week, make-up artists have been banned from the studio, meaning that presenters – including male hosts – will be forced to create their own makeshift beauty regime by themselves until they return.
This news marks the latest in a series of turbulent times Good Morning Britain has been through recently.
Piers Morgan made a dramatic exit after refusing to apologise for disbelieving various comments Meghan Markle had made about the royal family and how life in the firm affected her mental health.
Since then, Ranvir Singh, Susanna Reid, and Charlotte Hawkins have all appeared alongside a string of guest presenters.
However, it looks as if Richard Bacon wasn’t quite prepared to hear the cancellation announcement from the news instead of directly from his employer.
He republished the news, including a link to the news report he’d seen in The Sun, on Twitter.
Davida, a Twitter user from the USA, wrote back: “I hope this isn’t how you found out!”
However MikeHat hit back, questioning Richard’s presenting talents.
“You would be the reason I wouldn’t watch it – if you presented it, would be the last resort for GMB,” he cruelly tweeted.
However, Paul Moxey took a more light-hearted tone, joking: “As long as you still get paid that b alright.”
Mat Read chuckled: “I love how you found out from a news article not from them!”
Other users sent words of encouragement, referencing that every cloud has a silver lining.
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the show has confirmed: “There is a special GMB Christmas Day show which airs from 7-9am.
“GMB was due to be on air from Weds 29th – Fri 31st December 2021 but due to the pandemic and to protect our teams, we have decided to give them an extended break.
“GMB will not broadcast next week, but will be back on air on Tues 4th Jan 2022.”
Express.co.uk has approached ITV for further comment.
Source: Read Full Article