Fans left absolutely baffled as Chesterfield manager’s ‘accent changes’ halfway through post-match interview | The Sun

Fans left absolutely baffled as Chesterfield manager’s ‘accent changes’ halfway through post-match interview | The Sun


CHESTERFIELD manager Paul Cook went viral as he stunned fans during his post-match interview when his voice suddenly changed completely.

Cook led the Spireites to a 1-1 draw with Oldham in a National League clash on Saturday at the Technique Stadium.

The 56-year-old tactician looked back at his team's performance at home and admitted they could have done better against the Latics.

Cook told TNT Sports: "Have we played well? Not particularly. Was there a lot of chances in the game? No.

"You know, Oldham clearly came to get behind the ball and frustrate us – which they done really well.

"You know, for us our keeper; has he made a save? You know, I don't feel we worked Oldham's goalkeeper anywhere enough."

Read More on Football

Fans in stitches at Keane’s face as Sturridge says ‘keep it funky with ya boy’

Get £40 in free Bet Builder bets when you stake £10 on football with Paddy Power

But then the pitch in his voice completely changed and his tone became heavier as he continued: "But it looked like it was petering out to a 1-0 win."

Fans were left absolutely baffled with some even thinking Cook changed accents.

One supporter tweeted: "Went from scouse to geordie in seconds."

Another commented: "Which one is his real voice and why is this happening?"

Most read in Football


All the reaction as resilient Lionesses lose to Spain in World Cup final


'Real reason' why Prince William missed England’s World Cup final clash


Anti-Putin pitch invader storms World Cup final before being rugby tackled


Fans switch from BBC to ITV for Women's World Cup final after commentary error

A third posted: "Like they slowed down the audio all of a sudden."

This fan said: "Close your eyes. Poof. Two interviews."

And that one recalled: "This has happened before, I remember."

Cook went on to address the ugly scenes that unfolded after Oldham's late equaliser in the sixth minute of stoppage time.


Chesterfield goalkeeper Harry Tyrer was then attacked by a fan and supporters fought on the pitch.

Referee Matthew Russell blew his whistle before the game restarted despite there still being a small amount of time to play, but the Spireites' manager insists that was the correct decision.

Cook added: “Unfortunately, at the end there, it can’t go on. When fans come on the pitch we have got to protect the players.

"Oldham have got fantastic supporters, the euphoria of getting a result which is great for them, but player safety is paramount.

"Our goalkeeper has had an altercation, which is not healthy for the game.

Read More on The Sun

Lip-reading fans spot X-rated blast from England star Earps after penalty save

Helen Flanagan wows in plunging dress as she teases ‘date night’

"Player safety, for both teams, is paramount. So I was just disappointed with how the game ended from that point of view.

"I felt the referee was a little bit slow to stop the game, there was a smoke bomb, the game was clearly at the end stages, just get the players off the pitch and be safe.”

Source: Read Full Article