Fury vs Wilder LIVE REACTION: Fury to RETIRE after two more fights, Joshua LATEST, Whyte vs Povetkin date – The Sun03/06/2020
TYSON FURY's trilogy bout has been confirmed, with no fewer than three mega-fights to come in the heavyweight division over the next few months.
In addition to Fury vs Wilder 3, Anthony Joshua faces Kubrat Pulev while Dillian Whyte takes on Alexander Povetkin.
- Joshua to fight Pulev at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 20
- Whyte to face Povetkin for WBC title shot
- Floyd Mayweather offers to train Wilder
- Read SunSport's ringside report
- Fury set to retire after Joshua unification bout
Follow ALL of the latest reaction and updates below…
Morning boxing fans, Eddie Hearn insists he has a plan in place for Anthony Joshua to face the winner of Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder III in December.
Subject to AJ beating mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev on June 20, the 30-year-old WBA, IBF and WBO champ wants to land the WBC strap that is set to be contested again on July 18.
American Wilder has exercised his contractual right to an immediate rematch, keeping Joshua away from the one belt missing from his collection for another ten months at least.
But Matchroom boss Hearn claims he has spoken to the Gypsy King’s US promoter Bob Arum and the huge decider is just around the corner.
Saudi Arabia, which hosted Joshua’s December rematch win over Andy Ruiz Jr, want that potential clash but Cardiff’s roofed stadium and Las Vegas are also in the running.
And that is not the only big fight involving the British.
Billy Joe Saunders is the favourite to land the May 2 mega-money Canelo fight – but has told his bitter rival to hurry up or f*** off!
The WBO super-middleweight champ has a long-running feud with the four-weight Mexican superstar who has repeatedly vowed to deny him a life-changing payday.
But Canelo’s Cinco De Mayo Las Vegas showdown is just eight weeks away and the 30-year-old southpaw, or second favourite Callum Smith, need to know ASAP if they should be packing a suitcase.
Eddie Hearn, who promotes both, said: “I think Billy Joe is the front runner now but previously it was Callum Smith and it could change again tomorrow.
“It’s eight weeks on Saturday so it should be done this week but we have not received a contract for either fighter.
“Neither fighter has agreed terms, Canelo knows the terms for both guys but I am yet to receive a contract to say 'it is done'.
“Right now, Billy Joe is the favourite but three days ago it was Callum, there are different messages coming out from Canelo’s team and his promoter Golden Boy.
“Both fighters are standing by to see who gets the golden ticket but neither have set a deadline.
“Billy has been telling me for two weeks ‘I want to know today or tell Canelo to f*** off.”
Stay tuned to SunSport’s boxing blog throughout the day for the very latest boxing news.
EDDIE HEARN insists he has a plan in place for Anthony Joshua to face the winner of Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder III in December.
Hearn said: “I spoke to Bob Arum on Tuesday and we’ve been talking about how the deal would work.
“We’ve also said we’re willing to do the deal and sign the deal now for December, obviously subject to AJ winning and Fury winning.
“We would also do the same for Wilder, not if he lost, but if he wins the rematch because there’s nothing else beyond that rematch.
“We would be happy to do a deal with either guy to say we would be happy to do that fight in December.”
NO TYM FOR EXCUSES
TYSON FURY says he gets why Deontay Wilder is choosing to blame his ring walk outfit for his shock loss in Las Vegas.
Speaking on ITV’s This Morning Fury said: “It’s always got to be, ‘the camp was wrong, it was the trainer’s fault, it was my suit, it was my toe.
“It was always something’s a problem. In every fighter’s mind there’s got to be a reason why they’ve lost.
“It can never be the simple fact I wasn’t good enough on the night and lost to the better guy.”
Dillian Whyte vs Alexander Povetkin – Saturday May 2 – Tale of the tape.
TY'S EXIT PLAN
Tyson Fury has revealed that he has two more fights left in him before he “sails into the sunset” and retires from boxing.
After his wife Paris called for him to call it a day on This Morning, Fury said: “I've got two more fights left, then we're going to really think about what we do from there.
“How long does a piece of string go on? I'm undefeated in 31 professional fights and this is my 12th year as a professional.
“I've already been the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.
“When I beat Klitschko I had all the belts, so as far as I'm concerned Anthony Joshua just has my leftovers.”
Source: Read Full Article