Guide to all the slang and chat terms that you'll see in bingo chat rooms | The Sun09/29/2022
BINGO chat rooms have a language of their own. However, just like the game itself, it’s easy to pick up once you know a few of the key terms and acronyms.
Have you played bingo with Sun Bingo yet? There’s a whole world of online bingo to explore.
An important part of that is our wonderful community of roomies.
The happy, sunny family is always chatting.
They’re waiting to say hello and help to show you the ropes.
GET A £50 BINGO BONUS AND 50 FREE SPINS WHEN YOU JOIN SUN BINGO*
Are you ready to become the newest member of one of the largest online bingo communities?
It all starts with that first message. You type it out. Reread it a few times, just to be sure. Deep breath in and… click “Send”.
Now, the butterflies start as you wait for a reply.
Not that you’ll be waiting long or need to worry about the reply. You’ll be welcomed in and included in no time!
If you’re new to online bingo, you might notice that the chat rooms seem to have their own language, “bingo lingo” we call it.
The roomies are busy playing the game we love, so messages are usually shortened so that they’re faster to type.
That means they use lots of slang, bingo chat terms and abbreviations.
HOW TO PLAY ONLINE BINGO FOR FREE
Not sure of the meanings of the terms being used? Not to worry, Sun Bingo is here to help!
We’ve put together a complete guide to all the terminology that you’re likely to see.
Think of this as your bingo dictionary. A glossary of all of the bingo terms that could possibly come up.
Bingo lingo cheat sheet
1 / 2 / 3
- 1TG / 2TG / 3TG – This is one of the most common bingo chat terms you’ll see. The “TG” stands for “to go” and the number in front refers to how many numbers the roomie has left on their card before they’re eligible for a prize.
- AFAIK / FAIK – As far as I know / far as I know.
- AFC / AFK – Away from computer or away from keyboard. There’s someone at the door, the dog needs letting back in or the phone has rung. You can use this if you’ll be away for a few minutes but plan on coming back soon.
- AKA – Also known as.
- ASAP – As soon as possible.
- B4 – Before.
- B4N / BB4N – Bye for now or bye bye for now. This is when you might be away for a little longer, perhaps even when you’re done for the day.
- BAC / BAK – Back at computer or back at keyboard. You’ve answered the door, let the dog in or spoken to the person who called, and you’re ready to start chatting again.
- BBL / BBL8R – Be back later. If you plan on coming back to chat that same day, this is a good way to let roomies know that you’re not quite done chatting but you are taking a break.
- BBS – Be back soon.
- BBF – Bingo best friend. Do you have a bingo buddy that you like to chat with?
- BF – Boyfriend or best friend. They might be one and the same! Aaww…
- BFF – Best friend forever.
- BIAM – Back in a minute.
- BK – Back.
- BLNT – Better luck next time. Not every bingo game will go your way, but there’s always next time! No one gets that more than fellow roomies.
- BRB – Be right back.
- BTW – By the way.
WHAT IS A BINGO BONUS? FIND OUT HERE!
- CH – Chat host. All our chat rooms are monitored and looked after by our lovely team of chat hosts! They’re always on hand to answer questions, explain the rules and have a giggle with roomies.
- Chat game – These are extra games that the chat hosts will randomly run in the chat rooms. They’re mini games, not bingo related, where prizes could include a bingo bonus.
- Chat name – Your chat name is the name that will be displayed with your profile. It’s the only name that the other roomies will see for you. Have fun with it! For security reasons, make sure not to include personal information such as your date of birth.
- CTN – Can’t talk now. Other roomies might be excited to start chatting with you but that might not be a good time for you. You can quickly let them know that you’re not up for a chat.
- CU / CUL8R – See you / see you later.
- CYA / CYAL8R – See ya / see you later.
- DM / PM – Direct message or private message. You can send buddy requests to individual roomies. Once they accept, you can choose to send them a direct message and have a private conversation, away from the public chat room.
LEARN HOW TO PLAY CLOVER ROLLOVER
- E1 – Everyone.
- FAQ – Frequently asked question. We have an FAQ section that might be able to help with any questions that you have!
- FB – Facebook. Make sure to like the Sun Bingo Facebook page to see all our latest information, articles and exclusive social media competitions with exciting prizes!
- FCOL – For crying out loud.
- FH – FULL HOUSE! The two best words in the bingo dictionary.
- FYI – For your information.
- G2G – Got to go.
- GB – Goodbye.
- GF – Girlfriend.
- GG / GGA – Good game or good game all.
- GJ – Good job.
- GL / GLA / GLE / GLEV1 / GLNG / GLGLGL – Good luck, good luck all, good luck everyone, good luck next game or good luck, good luck, good luck. Roomies like to pass around as much luck as possible among the community.
- GM – Good morning.
- GMTA – Great minds think alike.
- GN – Goodnight.
- GR8 – Great.
- GTG – Got to go.
- GTSY – Good to see you.
THIS SLOT IS WILDLY FUN – HAVE YOU DISCOVERED IT YET?
- HAGD – Have a good day.
- HAGE – Have a good evening.
- HB – Hurry back.
- HF – Have fun.
- IC – I see.
- ICYMI – In case you missed it.
- IDK – I don’t know.
- IMHO / IMO – In my honest opinion or in my opinion.
- IRL – In real life.
- IYKWIM / IKWYM – If you know what I mean or I know what you mean.
- JJ / JK – Just joking or just kidding.
- JP – Jackpot. Most bingo rooms and slot games have at least one jackpot attached. The amount available or terms and conditions attached to winning the jackpot will vary between the bingo rooms and individual games.
GET UP TO 25 FREE SLOTS A WEEK WITH OUR SLOT LIGHT OFFER
- K / KK – Ok.
- KIT – Keep in touch.
- L8R – Later.
- LOL – Laughing out loud.
- LTNC / LTNS – Long time, no see.
- NP – No problem.
- NSFW – Not safe for work. This might be cheeky chat that you wouldn’t want your boss to read over your shoulder!
- NT – Nearly there.
- NM / NVM – Never mind.
- NW – No worries.
- OAR – On a roll. Looks like the bingo gods are smiling on you!
- Obvs – Obviously.
- OMG – Oh my goodness.
- OOO – Out of office. This generally means that you’re not at work, regardless of whether you work in an actual office.
- OTOH – On the other hand.
- XOXO – kisses and hugs.
- PJP – Progressive jackpot. This is a jackpot that will increase in size over time, as opposed to a fixed jackpot that will pay out a set amount regardless of when it is triggered.
- PLZ / PLS – please.
- PMSL – Peed myself laughing. This one is usually meant figuratively. If you do have an accident, you’re welcome to share this detail with roomies but you might be told TMI…
- PPL – people.
EVERY WEEK OVER £30,000 IS WON IN OUR SUPER LINKS GAMES
- R – Are.
- REC – Received.
- ROFL – Rolling on the floor laughing. We aren’t sure if this one is always figurative. It depends how funny the roomies are being; it can be quite the giggle fest!
- Roomie – the name for someone who chats in a bingo chat room.
- SMH – Shaking my head.
- SO – Significant other or shout out. You’ll be able to tell from the context which one is meant. Unless a roomie is on a mission to confuse. They might set a cunning trap and say “SO to my SO”. Then, you need to work out whether they are sending a shout out to their significant other, or finding a significant other for their shout out…
- SRY / SS – Sorry or so sorry. As in, “SS for saying SO to my SO and causing confusion”.
- SWL – Screaming with laughter. We like to think this one is not figurative and there are hundreds of Sun Bingo players out there literally screaming in roomie delight. It’s a wholesome image. A little scary, but mostly wholesome.
- SYS – See you soon.
- TBH – To be honest.
- TC – Take care.
- THX / TX – Thanks.
- TIA – Thanks in advance.
- TMI – Too much information. Remember when we warned you about confessing a pmsl? This is what the roomies were on about when they told you TMI.
- TOY – Thinking of you.
- TTFN – Ta ta for now. This is usually used when you’ll be offline for a little while, and not back in a few minutes.
- TTYL – Talk to you later. You might like to use this if you do plan on logging back on later in the day.
- TY – Thank you! What is this world without basic P&Qs.
- TYVM – Thank you very much.
ARE YOU EXCITED THAT BAKE OFF IS BACK? PLAY BAKE OFF BINGO!
- U2 – You too. Could also mean the Irish rock bank. Context will be key. Unless there are gremlins at work and a roomie is out to cause mischief again. They might say “I love U2” and you’ll have to decide for yourself whether they are proclaiming amorous feelings for you or Bono and the gang. We hope it’s you! Roomie love can be a wonderful thing.
- W8 – Wait. As in, “What, do you mean that you love ME or the band U2…”?
- WB – Welcome back.
- WD / WDW(S) – Well done or well done winner(s). Bingo chat rooms should be a lovely place to chat and share the love and joy of bingo. That means congratulating other players, even when it hasn’t been a win for yourself.
- WTG – Way to go.
- WTH – What the heck.
- Y – Why.
- YAW – You’re a winner. If Hagrid was a bingo caller and a certain Mr Potter got a full house, he might turn to the lad and say: “You’re a winner, Harry”.
- YSR – Yeah, sure right… As in, “I’ve only had one piece on this very yummy chocolate bar…” YSR, we’re not sure that we believe you!
- YW / YVW – You’re welcome or you’re very welcome.
GET CHATTING TO OUR HAPPY, SUNNY ROOMIES TODAY
Most read in Bingo
Did you know these 16 amazing facts about the UK’s tallest wheel?
Spin the Fabulous Bingo wheel for FREE for your chance to win daily!
Play the Mega Fabulous Wheel daily for a chance to win BIGGER prizes
Spin the Winning Reel daily for free for a chance to win up to £100
*Terms and Conditions: Until 30/09/2022. New customers only. Deposit & spend £10 on Bingo to receive £50 Bingo Bonus & 50 Free Spins (selected slots only £0.20 per spin). Free Spins must be accepted within 48 hours, winnings have 30x wagering which must be wagered within this time. Bingo Bonus has 4x Wagering, bonus must be accepted & wagered within 7 days. 1 new player offer only. Deposits made with Neteller/Skrill/PayPal are not valid for this promotion. 18+. T&Cs apply.
Commercial content notice: Taking one of the offers featured in this article may result in a payment to The Sun. 18+. T&Cs apply.
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Source: Read Full Article