Newcastle vs Arsenal betting preview: Odds and predictions | The Sun11/04/2023
A BUMPER-PACKED Saturday of Premier League football is rounded off in the evening when Arsenal make the long trip up north to face Newcastle, and it is a fixture laden with drama.
The Gunners could leapfrog rivals Tottenham, who play on Monday night against Chelsea with a win, but will Mikel Arteta return to the capital with all three points in the bag?
Featured bonus for Newcastle vs Arsenal
⏩ Quick betting tips for Newcastle vs Arsenal
- Back Wilson to score anytime – 15/8 with bet365
- Back Newcastle to win – 9/5 with Betway
- Nketiah to have one or more shots on target – 4/9 with Sky Bet
Newcastle vs Arsenal odds
Here are the latest match odds for Newcastle vs Arsenal odds from our top-rated football bookies:
Newcastle vs Arsenal betting preview
While Newcastle haven’t flown out of the traps like they did at the start of last season, they are here to stay, and they have become a formidable force on home soil. So far, they have only tasted defeat once at St James’ Park this term and that came at the hands of Liverpool.
It was a game they ought to have won considering they were leading 1-0 playing against 10 men for more than an hour, but they were outdone by two late Darwin Nunez strikes.
Eddie Howe’s charges will be on a bit of a high after they trounced Manchester United 3-0 at Old Trafford in midweek to punch their ticket to the quarter-finals of the Carabao Cup, and he put out a second string team for that one.
Arsenal, on the other hand, are still hot on the heels of Tottenham, but a 3-1 defeat against West Ham in the Carabao Cup was far from the ideal preparation for this game. There are also a few injury concerns to contend with, including Martin Odegaard, who has been struggling with a hip problem, although he came off the bench to score a consolation goal against West Ham.
The Gunners have been involved in some fascinating tussles down the years on Tyneside with Newcastle. Who could forget the 4-4 draw in 2011 when Arsenal surged into a 4-0 lead only for the Magpies to stage a dramatic fightback?
On their previous visit to St James’ Park last term, Arsenal clinched a 2-0 win, but the result mattered little in the context of the title race as the all-conquering Manchester City ended up being crowned champions for the third season on the trot.
📝 Newcastle vs Arsenal key stats
To whet your appetite for this game, we have pored over the numbers and shared some key stats for Newcastle and Arsenal:
- Newcastle and Arsenal will face off in the Premier League for the 57th time, but the Gunners dominate the head-to-head with 34 wins.
- The Magpies have netted 26 times in the league this term, which is only matched by Aston Villa for teams in the top six.
- Arsenal have conceded just eight league goals this season, with only Manchester City (seven) shipping fewer.
- Both sides enjoyed their biggest wins of the season against Sheffield United. Newcastle routed the Blades 8-0, while the Gunners claimed a thumping 5-0 win.
- Newcastle have no problems engineering opportunities, carving out an average of 2.7 chances per match.
- Bukayo Saka isn’t afraid to do his defensive duties, and he has made more tackles (24) than any other Arsenal player this term.
Newcastle vs Arsenal best bets
Here's what we have in store for you today:
Wilson to score anytime (bet365)
Invariably, Wilson makes an impact, and he has been in blistering form this term, netting seven times in the Premier League.
Only four players — Son Heung-Min, Mohamed Salah, and Erling Haaland — have been more prolific, and Wilson is one of those wily players who could get under the skin of Arsenal.
He grabbed a double in his previous league outing against Wolves, and he is well backed to find the target at any time against the Gunners.
⚽ Back Wilson to score anytime at 15/8 with bet365 ⚽
Newcastle to win (Betway)
Although the Gunners had the better of things back in May, the previous season Newcastle were at their scintillating best and they made light work of Arteta’s troops with a 2-0 win.
The Carabao Cup victory over Manchester United will have put an extra spring in their step, and they are a well-oiled unit under Howe.
It doesn’t therefore seem that fanciful that Newcastle could throw a spanner in the works and clinch all three points.
⚽ Back Newcastle to win at 9/5 with Betway ⚽
Eddie Nketiah to have one or more shots on target (Sky Bet)
Nketiah was on fire last weekend against Sheffield United, helping himself to a hat-trick and he was razor sharp.
He has had to field some criticism at times, and he will be eager to add to his tally against the Magpies.
Don’t be surprised if he has a few pop shots on goal, and he’s good value to register one or more shots on target.
⚽ Back Nketiah to have one or more shots on target at 4/9 with Sky Bet ⚽
📺 How to watch Newcastle vs Arsenal
- Location: St James’ Park, Newcastle
- Time: 17:30 GMT on Saturday, 4th November
- Where to watch: Sky Sports Main Events and Sky Sports Premier League
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
Find our detailed guide on responsible gambling practices here.
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
2023 WWE Crown Jewel odds: Preview and betting tips
Inside the mind of a pro poker player – what life skills you can learn by playing
Cricket World Cup betting preview including odds, markets and free bets
Check out the UK’s best football betting sites including odds & offers
Source: Read Full Article