Shopper reveals how you can get a £4.50 tub of ice cream for 50p at Tesco07/07/2021
TESCO shoppers can get their hands on ice cream for only 50p with a trick an eagle-eyed bargain hunter has revealed.
The 475ml Oppo Brothers ice cream tubs usually cost £4.50 to buy from the supermarket, so you could make a saving of £4 with the handy hack.
You can choose from three different flavours on offer, including, salted caramel, chocolate and hazelnut, and vanilla pecan.
The discount was spotted on Hotukdeals where one shopper explained the steps you’ll need to take in order to get the money off.
You can only get the ice cream as cheap as 50p online though, as you'll need a voucher code to enter at the virtual checkout.
But first, you need to be signed up to Tesco’s Clubcard reward scheme.
How to cut the cost of your grocery shop
MONEY.CO.UK has shared some top tips with us to help you keep your supermarket spend down to a minimum.
- Write yourself a list – Only buy items that you need. If it isn't on your list, don't put it in the trolley
- Create a budget – Work out a weekly budget for your food shopping
- Never shop hungry – You are far more likely to buy more food if your tummy is rumbling
- Don't buy pre-chopped veggies or fruit – The extra they'll charge for chopping can be eye watering
- Use social media – Follow your favourite retailers to find out about the latest deals
- Be disloyal – You may want to go to different stores to find the best bargains
- Check the small print – It’s always worth checking the price per kg/lb/litre when comparing offers so you’re making a like for like decision as a bigger box won’t necessarily mean you get more
- Use your loyalty cards – Don’t be afraid to sign up to them all. They all work slightly differently – work out what bonus suits you better and remember to trade in your points for additional rewards
Having a Tesco Clubcard means a whole range of products from the supermarket can be bought at a reduced price.
The Oppo Brothers ice cream is reduced by £2 at the new Clubcard price, so if you have an account it only costs £2.50 to buy.
It's free to sign up for a Tesco Clubcard, and when you shop online, log in with your details and your member prices will be automatically applied.
Once the Clubcard price is set at £2.50, shoppers can then get a further £2 off any of the Oppo branded tubs at Tesco with a code used at the checkout.
In total you could shave £4 off the price of the ice cream and only pay 50p.
You just have to type "GRHF4T" in the voucher box when you go to check out.
You can use the code as many times as you like but it will only be applied once per order – so even if you added one of each flavour you'd only benefit from £2 off the whole total.
The code expires on July 13 so you have just under a week to claim the cheap price.
But the Clubcard offer is running until July 26 so you’ll have a little longer to still get at least £2 off the ice cream – you can use this part of the discount in-store too.
If you're shopping online though, you will have to factor in delivery costs which can start from £4.50.
Plus, if your basket is under £40 you’ll have to pay another £4 charge, so you should only try out the deal if you were already planning on placing a grocery order.
Otherwise you could find yourself going over budget and paying more in shipping fees than the ice cream itself costs.
But you could opt for click and collect to try and save on the costs, as slots start from £1.50 and you'll only have to spend £25 to avoid the £4 minimum basket charge.
If you've got a Tesco Clubcard you can use it to get money off all sorts of things – we've narrowed down 14 ways to boost the discounts offered.
Shoppers can also get double points in the rewards system by using a new prepaid debit card that's been launched from Tesco Bank.
All the while some shoppers are making massive savings, others were left fuming after being charged up to three times as much due to a payment glitch.
Source: Read Full Article