Soccer star calls out famous wife for claiming she grew up 'very working class,' more news10/05/2023
Calling Victoria’s bluff
Fans on X want David Beckham to “moderate the 2024 presidential debates” after seeing him get his wife Victoria Beckham to tell the truth about her allegedly “working class” upbringing. A now-viral clip from David’s new Netflix series shows Victoria telling an interviewer she grew up “very working class” before David pops his head out from behind a door. “Be honest,” he warns. She tells her husband she is “being honest,” which only prompts another “be honest” from the former soccer star. The two go back and forth until David changes tact, asking, “What car did your dad drive you to school in?” When she tries to answer indirectly, he asks again more slowly. “OK,” Victoria says, half-smiling as she gives in. “In the ’80s, my dad had a Rolls-Royce.”
The clip went viral on X and Tik Tok on Wednesday, Oct. 4, according to Insider, with one user praising David for his “masterclass” in interviewing. Others posted enthusiastically that he should take over moderating duties for the upcoming debates — ideally, one user noted, “from behind a mostly closed door, just poking his head round as and when needed.”
Keep reading for more of the latest entertainment and pop culture news …
MORE: Follow Wonderwall on MSN for more fun celebrity & entertainment photo galleries and content
Despite previous reports, Ed Sheeran says he’s not technically building a “crypt” in his backyard. But he does have his own future gravesite back there on the grounds of his $4 million property in Suffolk, England.
“I wouldn’t say it’s a crypt,” the Grammy winner, 32, told GQ in an interview published Wednesday, Oct. 4. “It’s a hole that’s dug in the ground with a bit of stone over it, so whenever the day comes and I pass away, I get to go in there.” According to GQ, the burial site is in a “chapel” on the property Ed shares with his wife, Cherry Seaborn, and their young daughters. Friends have used the chapel for weddings, he said, and since a number of people he’s lost were cremated, he wanted a devoted place to mourn them. The singer’s daughters, Lyra and Jupiter, will also have a place they can someday go to mourn him after he dies, Ed explained.
“People think it’s really weird and really morbid,” he added, “but I’ve had friends die without wills, and no one knows what to do.”
MORE: See the stars who got married in 2023
Taylor Swift supported her longtime pal Selena Gomez on Wednesday, Oct. 4, by contributing what became the biggest-ticket auction item at Selena’s Rare Impact Fund Benefit in Los Angeles: a pair tickets to any show on Taylor’s massively successful The Eras Tour. The tickets started at a bidding price of $5,000, but soon sold for $15,000, TMZ reported. The outlet noted the night’s celebrity auctioneer, Martin Short, kept bidders chuckling throughout the auction.
Selena’s benefit served as a fundraiser for her Rare Impact Fund, which aims to raise $100 million in 10 years to fight stigma associated with mental health issues, to increase access to mental health services and more. “This has been the culmination of a lifelong dream for me, but it has also stemmed from some of the darkest moments in my life,” Selena told the audience, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
“I struggled with the world inside my head for a long time and I felt lost and I felt hopeless at times. In 2020 I received my diagnosis of bipolar disorder, and to be honest, everything quickly changed,” she continued. “I actually got the knowledge and the answers I had been desperate for for so long, and understanding that obviously makes me become more aware of it, and I’m less afraid than I used to be.” The “Only Murder in the Buildings” star said her diagnosis allowed her to finally “seek out the support I needed, to be myself, to find my joy again.”
MORE: Hollywood reacts to Taylor Swift’s budding romance with Travis Kelce
Fighting seizures with sleep
Two decades after a ruptured vertebral artery caused her brain to hemorrhage for nine days, nearly killing her, Sharon Stone says she’s “become more comfortable with publicly saying what’s really happened to me.” The “Casino” star was just 43 at the time, fresh off her first Oscar nomination and she and her then-husband had recently adopted a son. But as she tells People in a new interview, she “lost everything” in the wake of her 2001 health crisis — including flexibility with things like sleep.
“For a long time I wanted to pretend that I was just fine,” says Sharon, 65. “I need eight hours of uninterrupted sleep for my brain medication to work so that I don’t have seizures. So I’m a disability hire, and because of that I don’t get hired a lot. These are the things that I’ve been dealing with for the past 22 years, and I am open about that now.”
The stroke and bleeding she suffered initially left Sharon struggling to see “correctly” and speak without “stuttering,” she says. A divorce followed in 2004, as did memory loss. “I lost all my money. I lost custody of my child. I lost my career. I lost all those things that you feel are your real identity and your life,” she recalls.
Having grown up “taking care of everybody else,” Sharon adds that there was a long learning curve in coming to accept “that it was okay for me to receive care, for me to be enough as a disabled person.” Now an active board member of the Barrow Neurological Foundation, Sharon says, “I feel proud of myself and proud of my accomplishments — from surviving to helping others survive.”
More strike fallout
The head writers of “The Drew Barrymore Show” won’t be back on board when the talk show returns to the air on Oct. 16. All three of Drew’s co-head writers have declined to return to their posts following backlash over her decision to resume production while Hollywood’s writers (including some of the star’s staff) were still embroiled in a historic strike, Variety reports. Drew eventually apologized — as members of the Writers Guild of America and their supporters protested her move outside the show’s studio — and announced she’d hold of on the new season premiere until a deal was reached between the WGA and the studios. But after the strike ended on Sept. 27, a source tells Variety, Drew’s head writers, Chelsea White, Cristina Kinon and Liz Koe, all rejected offers to rejoin the daytime series.
“I have no words to express my deepest apologies to anyone I have hurt and, of course, to our incredible team who works on the show and has made it what it is today,” Drew wrote, in part, on Instagram on Sept. 17.
The writers’ strike against the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers began on May 2, with union members calling for better pay and work standards given the advent of streaming, AI and more.
Source: Read Full Article