Britney Spears' manager Larry Rudolph RESIGNS & claims star is 'considering retirement' after she accuses him of 'abuse'

Britney Spears' manager Larry Rudolph RESIGNS & claims star is 'considering retirement' after she accuses him of 'abuse'

07/06/2021

BRITNEY Spears' longtime manager Larry Rudolph has RESIGNED.

He claims the pop star is "considering retiring" after she accused him of "abuse."

According to Deadline, Larry broke the news in a latter to Britney’s co-conservators Jamie Spears and the court-appointed Jodi Montgomery on Monday.

He wrote: “It has been over 2 1/2 years since Britney and I last communicated, at which time she informed me she wanted to take an indefinite work hiatus.

“Earlier today, I became aware that Britney had been voicing her intention to officially retire.”

Larry added: “As her manager, I believe it is in Britney’s best interest for me to resign from her team as my professional services are no longer needed.” 

After stating the letter was his “formal resignation,” he concluded: “I will always be incredibly proud of what we accomplished over our 25 years together.

“I wish Britney all the health and happiness in the world, and I’ll be there for her if she ever needs me again, just as I always have been.”

Larry has worked as Britney’s main manager since the early years of her career, which began in the mid-1990s.

He helped guide Britney’s career beginning in 1995 as she quickly proved herself to be the Princess of Pop.

The manager continued to work with the singer after the conservatorship kicked in in 2008 following a series of public incidents involving Britney.

His resignation comes just weeks after Britney spoke out against her conservatorship in court.

The 39-year-old made a number of shocking claims during the hearing and argued that she no longer wants her father to have full control over her life.

It was claimed on Monday that Britney uses strangers' phones to beat the surveillance of her conservatorship and make contact with loved ones.

The Toxic singer, who has been under a strict conservatorship for 13 years, has her movements closely monitored.

In order to get around the conservatorship's strict rules, Britney uses the phones of strangers to contact her friends and allies, according to former manager Sam Lutfi.

"I'll go years without contact," Sam told The New Yorker. "And then I'll get a call every once in a while from her in a closet."

Sam, 46, had a five year restraining order put on him by Britney's team and he admitted she has found ways to reach out to him.

Similar to her claims in her recent explosive court hearing, Sam agreed Britney faced severe consequences if she refused to work.

He also believed the conservatorship has affected her mentally and "it blew her mind that she could just call the shots."

Britney also called 911 "to report herself as a victim of conservatorship abuse" just hours before heading into court on June 23, the New Yorker reported.

The singer's message was sealed due to the ongoing investigation, though emergency calls in California are generally available to the public.

A source told the New Yorker that her team began texting one another frantically as they were "worried what Spears might say the next day and discussed how to prepare in the event that she went rogue."

During the court hearing, a lawyer for the conservatorship asked that they clear the courtroom and seal her testimony, leading Britney to object.

“Somebody’s done a good job at exploiting my life. I feel like it should be an open-court hearing—they should listen and hear what I have to say," she urged.

When the Womanizer singer was finally given her opportunity to speak, she told the judge: “The people who did this to me should not get away.

“Ma’am, my dad, and anyone involved in this conservatorship, and my management, who played a huge role in punishing me when I said no—Ma’am, they should be in jail.”

Britney's testimony included shocking details about how she felt "abused" and "threatened" by the conservatorship and blamed those involved and the California legal system.

She wanted her story to be shared with the public “instead of it being a hush-hush secret to benefit all of them".

The mother of two explained: “It concerns me I’ve been told I’m not allowed to expose the people who did this to me.

“All I want is to own my money, for this to end, and for my boyfriend to drive me in his f**king car," she told the court.

    Source: Read Full Article