Corrie’s Beverley Callard won’t do Bushtucker food trials and ‘camp will starve’11/15/2020
I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! star Beverley Callard has revealed there's "not a chance" she'll do an eating trial as she talks her stint on the ITV show.
The 63-year-old Coronation Street actress is best known for playing Liz McDonald on the popular soap.
Ahead of taking part in the new series broadcast from Wales, the TV star revealed she "won't do" the eating trials as her campmates would starve if she did.
The soap star explained: "I hate the cold. I'm rubbish in the cold.
"When you watch the eating trials, spiders, all sorts of other things then I think, do you know what? Not a chance."
"The camp would starve. I'll just say 'I'm really sorry I'm not doing it' or I might just run off and Ant and Dec will be searching, singing the valleys of Wales looking for me", she added.
Beverley also said: "I play Liz who's very glamorous in a way. She tries hard. Let's put it that way. I'm so not like that at all.
"I think the nation might see me with no make up on looking like Cruella De Vil and vote me out the first time.
"They'll say 'I can't look at worse gumming, Beverley Callard with that worse gumming hair – get rid of her.'"
Revealing she has been asked many times before to take part in I'm A Celebrity, Beverley said she decided to do the show after quitting Corrie earlier this year.
I’m A Celebrity 2020: All format changes we can expect due to coronavirus pandemic
The star also said she's "rubbish" when it comes to cooking, as she said: "I think I will be the cleaner upper in the camp but if they need me to cook, they will starve! I am rubbish!
"I think I will be ok living with strangers but the only thing that worries me is the toilet side of things and personal hygiene."
I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! begins this Sunday at 9pm on ITV.
Source: Read Full Article