'Dancing With the Stars': Who Went Home in the Week 2 Elimination?09/28/2021
The first elimination of Dancing With the Stars Season 30 is here. Find out which celebrity was sent home during the week 2 elimination. Plus, what Cheryl Burke’s positive diagnosis for the coronavirus (COVID-19) means for the rest of DWTS season 30.
‘Dancing With the Stars’ didn’t have an elimination in week 1
During the Sept. 20 premiere of Dancing With the Stars Season 30, there was no elimination. All 15 couples returned to perform in week 2. Voting remained open until 5 AM EST on Sept. 21, giving fans plenty of time to get their votes in on multiple platforms.
Since Len Goodman is back this season, scores are out of 40 points instead of the usual 30. Here are the scores from the first week of DWTS Season 30:
- JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson: 29
- Amanda Kloots and Alan Bersten: 28
- Suni Lee and Sasha Farber: 28
- Melanie C. and Gleb Savchenko: 27
- Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev: 26
- Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong: 26
- Christine Chiu and Pasha Pashkov: 25
- Matt James and Lindsay Arnold: 25
- Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy: 25
- The Miz & Witney Carson: 24
- Brian Austin Green and Sharna Burgess: 24
- Cody Rigsby and Cheryl Burke: 24
- Jimmie Allen and Emma Slater: 22
- Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach: 21
- Martin Kove and Britt Stewart: 13
Cheryl Burke’s coronavirus diagnosis doesn’t stop Cody Rigsby from competing
Burke and her Peloton star partner were supposed to perform a Salsa to “Don’t Go Yet” by Camila Cabello in week 2. But on Sunday, Sept. 27, Burke shared some devastating news with fans.
“I’m fully vaccinated and I could still have gotten COVID,” Burke says in her Instagram video. At the time, she was on her way to get tested for coronavirus (COVID-19).
Ultimately, Burke tested positive. Now, she feels bad for her partner. “I feel like I’m letting [Cody] down,” she continues in the video. “I just hope I didn’t spread it.”
Rigsby wasn’t in the ballroom during week 2. But he and Burke aren’t eliminated from the competition. According to the rules, scoring for Rigsby and Burke can be based on their recorded rehearsal. The duo joined the ballroom virtually to receive their score of 24 from the judges.
Martin Kove is sent home in the ‘DWTS’ Season 30 week 2 elimination
Kove and Stewart received a score of 15 for their week 2 Cha-Cha to “Twist & Shout” by The Isley Brothers. Their total score for both weeks was 28.
This season, the judges are once again choosing which couple they want to save. Chiu and Pashkov were in the bottom two, but the judges ultimately decided to save them.
‘Dancing With the Stars’ dances, songs, and scores for week 2
Amanda Kloots and Alan Bersten received the highest of the night with a 32 for their Foxtrot. The duo danced to “It Had to Be You” by Ray Chew Live! Here are the rest of the scores from week 2 of DWTS:
- JoJo Siwa and Jenna Johnson: 31 for their Cha-Cha to “Rain On Me” by Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande
- Melanie C and Gleb Savchenko: 30 for their Foxtrot to “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
- Suni Lee and Sasha Farber: 28 for their Cha-Cha to “I Like It” by Cardi B, Bad Bunny, and J Balvin
- Olivia Jade and Val Chmerkovskiy: 27 for their Viennese Waltz to “Better Days” by Ant Clemons and Justin Timberlake
- Jimmie Allen and Emma Slater: 27 for their Rumba to “Make Me Want To” by Allen
- Melora Hardin and Artem Chigvintsev: 27 for their Rumba to “All by Myself” by Celine Dion
- “The Miz” and Witney Carson: 26 for their Tango to “Nothin’ but a Good Time” by Poison
- Iman Shumpert and Daniella Karagach: 25 for their Rumba to “U Know What’s Up” Donell Jones
- Kenya Moore and Brandon Armstrong: 24 for their Cha-Cha to “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer
- Christine Chiu and Pasha Pashkov: 24 for their Salsa to “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee
- Brian Austin Green and Sharna Burgess: 23 for their Rumba to “Say You Won’t Let Go” by James Arthur
- Matt James and Lindsay Arnold: 22 for their Samba to “Levitating” by Dua Lipa
Dancing With the Stars airs Monday nights at 8 PM EST on ABC.
Source: Read Full Article