I’m A Celebrity fans beg ITV not to cancel show amid lockdown woes11/03/2020
I'm A Celeb viewers have issued a desperate plea to ITV bosses, begging the network to keep the hit series in production during the lockdown.
On Saturday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced England would be going into another lockdown, with restrictions coming into place on Thursday.
Fans were left fearing I'm A Celeb could come under threat, particularly with Wales – home of the new filming location for the series – under a two-week fire-break.
Thankfully, I'm A Celeb bosses have revealed the new series will be going ahead this autumn, with November 15 pegged as the start date.
Delighted by the news, relieved fans took to Twitter to insist that I'm A Celeb would "lift spirits" as the nation endures another lockdown.
One wrote: "If you really think I'm going to spend the whole of lockdown 2.0 watching celebrities do challenges in a Welsh castle, you would be absolutely right."
"Okay UK, The only thing that'll get us through this month Lockdown is @imacelebrity and we all know it," added a second.
And a third penned: "Something to lift everyone spirits during the lockdown, bring it on."
Bosses have already adapted the series to make it as safe as possible during the pandemic, filming on the grounds of the Welsh Gwrych castle, rather than the usual location of the Australian jungle.
Located near the town of Abergele, the castle is said to be haunted by ghosts, hinting it could be the scariest season of I'm A Celeb to date.
Confirming the new start date, a spokesperson for the castle said: “Following the announcement from the First Minister the overriding message is that filming CAN continue in Wales providing related activity cannot be undertaken from home, and there is full compliance with Welsh law.
"We cannot wait to see I’m A Celebrity on our screens.”
ITV also said: “I'm A Celebrity continues to adhere to all relevant guidelines as well as our own strict Covid protocols.”
Presenters Ant and Dec have already filmed a hilarious advert for the new season, showing the presenting duo exploring the wilds of Wales.
Previously, show bosses reportedly debated rescheduling the series until 2021, as Covid rates rose, only to later reconsider.
A source reportedly told The Sunday People: "It has been a huge concern to the casting team as well as producers. The possibility of postponing the series and rescheduling to early next year was given due consideration.
"But rescheduling isn't a viable option as the casting involves set dates in contracts for talent."
Source: Read Full Article