Lorraine brands Prince Andrew ‘deluded’ for bid to return to royal life: ‘Tone deaf!’10/27/2020
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
TV Presenter Lorraine Kelly branded Prince Andrew “deluded” and tone-deaf” after hearing of the possibility the royal wants to return to his duties. Joining Lorraine on the show, royal commentator Russell Myers explained his Palace sources had told him there was “no chance” of it happening. Prince Andrew has faced severe allegations against his character following the exposure of his former friend Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking ring.
The Prince has denied strongly denied any wrongdoing for any and all allegations against him.
The Duke of York attempted to clarify this and clear his name during a Newsnight interview with Emily Maitlis which many commentators dubbed a car crash.
This may have been the final straw for the Palace as Prince Andrew was then forced to step back from all of his royal duties.
Despite Prince Andrew’s desires to “support the monarchy” and maintain a public role, royal sources have reiterated there is zero chance of this happening.
DON’T MISS: Prince William and Prince Harry likely to repair strained relationship
A source explained to The Telegraph Prince Andrew’s reasoning behind wanting to get back to work.
They said: “He is thinking about how to best serve his country and will work with his family, advisers and stakeholders on what that will look like.
“He’s very sensitive to the public mood and acutely conscious that the public are the most important stakeholder.
“He feels he has support from the family, very much so, including all his siblings and his parents.”
One source said: “Whatever the Duke of York may think his future looks like, he should be under no illusion that view is not shared by the people who actually make the decisions within the family.
“There is no way of him ever returning to front line duties and he will remain very much on the outside.”
Palace aides have also highlighted that Prince Andrew will at no point resume his previous position as a senior working royal.
Another told the Sunday Times: “There’s finally an acknowledgement that wasn’t there before, but maintain there are no plans to review his status.”
Prince Andrew warning: Duke told ‘much more to come’ from Maxwell case [REVEAL]
Royal heartbreak: Queen gave ‘maternal’ care to Beatrice and Eugenie [INSIGHT]
Andrew to face ‘severe blow’ after Ghislaine Maxwell case development [LATEST]
While another royal source added: “Andrew would do well to keep his head down while the rest of the family carries on with the business in hand.”
The Palace has said that it does support Prince Andrew but is aware of his public reputation.
Prince Andrew has remained under significant pressure from US authorities to provide evidence relating to charges against Epstein, who died in prison last year.
The Duke maintains he has offered his full cooperation with the authorities.
Source: Read Full Article