Piers Morgan news – Royal family members have THANKED me for standing up to Meghan Markle, star claims in new interview

Piers Morgan news – Royal family members have THANKED me for standing up to Meghan Markle, star claims in new interview

04/07/2021

PIERS Morgan has claimed he's had messages from members of the Royal Family thanking him for “standing up” to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

The firebrand ex-GMB host told Extra's Billy Bush that he had received messages sent on behalf of “several” royals over his coverage of the couple's Oprah Winfrey interview.

But he refused to say if the messages he said were sent to him about his Harry and Meghan coverage came from senior members of the Windsor clan.

Piers said: “I've had some messages communicated to me on behalf on several members of the Royal Family.

“I'm not going to go into who it was… but gratitude that somebody was standing up.”

Piers was appearing on Extra TV in his second US TV interview – and said he would like to ask some “difficult questions” during an interview if he had the chance.

He also said Meghan and Harry should let him interview them as he maintained his stance on the couple in a another new TV interview.

"I would say to Meghan Markle, 'Look… sit down with me with your husband for an equally long interview… and let me ask you more difficult questions about all your claims.

The firebrand ex-GMB host also told Extra's Billy Bush that he had received messages sent on behalf of "several" royals over his coverage of the couple's Oprah Winfrey interview.

It comes a day after Morgan's long-awaited hour-long interview with Tucker Carlson aired on Fox Nation on Easter Monday night..

The talk show host sensationally quit Good Morning Britain after slamming Meghan Markle for complaining about the royal family.

Tucker Carlson presented a one-hour interview with Piers Morgan on Monday exclusively on Tucker Carlson Today on Fox Nation – but it wasn't shown live in the UK.

Follow our Piers Morgan live blog below for the very latest news and updates on the exGMB star…

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS WOULD LIKE TO ASK MEGHAN AND HARRY 'SOME DIFFICULT QUESTIONS'

    Asked what he would say to Meghan if he had the chance, Piers said he would like to ask some “difficult questions” during an interview.

    He said: “I would say to Meghan Markle, 'Look… sit down with me with your husband for an equally long interview… and let me ask you more difficult questions about all your claims.

  • Joseph Gamp

    WATCH: PIERS MORGAN SLAMS EX PAL OPRAH WINFREY FOR ‘ALLOWING PRINCE HARRY AND MEGHAN MARKLE TO SPRAY GUN BRITAIN AND THE QUEEN’

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS MORGAN DOES 'NOT HAVE PERSONAL VENDETTA' AGAINST MEGHAN MARKLE'

    Piers Morgan has denied having a “personal vendetta” against Meghan Markle as he continued to attack the Duchess of Sussex.

    The former GMB host gave his side of the story in a 60-minute interview with Fox News.

    Speaking about the moment he walked off the ITV show, he said: “I walked off… I was quite angry in the moment, he [Alex Beresford] claimed that I have a personal vendetta against Meghan Markle, which I don’t.”

    His co-anchor Susanna Reid previously accused Piers of being “obsessed” with Meghan and Prince Harry, telling him he had “such a negative filter” about the couple.

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS HITS OUT AT DISGUSTING TROLL WHO TARGETED HIS SONS

    Piers also attacked “so-called liberal” trolls who had targeted his sons with “disgusting” abuse after he left GMB.

    Asked what he would say to Meghan if he had the chance, Piers said he would like to ask some “difficult questions” during an interview.

    He said: “I would say to Meghan Markle, 'Look… sit down with me with your husband for an equally long interview… and let me ask you more difficult questions about all your claims.

    “But let me ask you a wider question, which is this: If you hate the royal family that much, why do you keep your royal titles?

    “Why would you do that if it's just not to make millions and millions of dollars?”

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS BLASTS MEGHAN

    The outspoken broadcaster blasted Meghan for suggesting the Royal Family was racist. 

    Piers added: “There's been an attempt to cancel me. There've been many attempts like this before, and somehow I remain resolutely uncancelled.

    “In the end, I was required to apologise for disbelieving Meghan Markle, who I don't believe – and I believe, which is ironic, that you should not believe somebody if you don't want to.”

    The 55-year-old stepped down from GMB last month after senior execs wanted him to say sorry on air following contact from the Duchess.

    It was reported that Meghan complained to ITV bosses and raised concerns Piers's words might affect those struggling with mental health.

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS MORGAN CLAIMS HE’S HAD MESSAGES FROM ROYAL FAMILY THANKING HIM FOR ‘STANDING UP’ TO PRINCE HARRY AND MEGHAN MARKLE

    PIERS Morgan has claimed he's had messages from members of the Royal Family thanking him for “standing up” to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

    The firebrand ex-GMB host told Extra's Billy Bush that he had received messages sent on behalf of “several” royals over his coverage of the couple's Oprah Winfrey interview.

    But he refused to say if the messages he said were sent to him about his Harry and Meghan coverage came from senior members of the Windsor clan.

    Piers said: “I've had some messages communicated to me on behalf on several members of the Royal Family.

    “I'm not going to go into who it was… but gratitude that somebody was standing up.”

    Read more here.

  • Katie Davis

    PIERS SAYS HE'S 'FOUND HIS VOICE AGAIN'

    Piers Morgan will slam Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and ITV AGAIN and says he has now “found his voice”.

    Last night viewers watched in awe as the former GMB host, 55, gave a tell all interview on Fox Nation.

    Piers has been relatively quit since he quit Good Morning Britain following the comments he made about the Duchess of Sussex and her Oprah interview.

    But now he has told fans he is back and ready to talk more on the issue and why he left ITV.

    Tonight he tweeted: “Incredible response to my @TuckerCarlson interview… the @DailyMail@TheSun & @DailyMirror are currently running 20+ stories from it on their sites & I’ve had further interview requests from 30+ countries. Good to have found my voice again…. the silence was killing me.”

  • Katie Davis

    PIERS CLAIMS ROYALS HAVE ‘THANKED HIM’ FOR MEGHAN COVERAGE

    Piers Morgan has claimed members of the Royal Family have thanked him for “standing up” to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.

    The firebrand ex-GMB host told Extra’s Billy Bush on US television that he had been messaged by members of the firm over his coverage of the couple’s Oprah Winfrey interview.

    But he refused to say if the people who contacted him about his Harry and Meghan were senior members of the Royal Family.

    Piers said: “I’ve had some messages communicated to me on behalf on several members of the Royal Family.

    “I’m not going to go into who it was… but gratitude that somebody was standing up.”

  • Katie Davis

    GMB DROPS BELOW A MILLION VIEWERS

    Good Morning Britain has lost more than one million viewers since Piers Morgan sensationally quit.

    The ITV programme sunk to 0.86m and even then that was in the last five minutes as it crossed over to Lorraine.

    Despite it being on Bank Holiday Monday its rival BBC Breakfast still managed more than two million viewers.

    Yesterday fewer than a million people watched Adil Ray and Kate Garraway present the ITV show.

    A TV insider said: “Bank holiday figures are often down on the slot average, this was also BBC Breakfast's lowest audience this year apart from New Year's Day so it is the same for everyone.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS CLAIMS TO HAVE 'UNIVERSAL SUPPORT' FROM BRITS

    Piers Morgan has claimed he has “universal support” from Brits as he continued to attack Meghan Markle over her claims during the Oprah Winfrey interview.

    During his Fox News interview, the former GMB host said: “Old, young, black, white, it didn’t matter. They’ve been coming up to me in their droves all day every day”.

    “The British people have seen through this,” he continued.

  • Joseph Gamp

    ‘HIT JOB’

    In his first TV interview since he departed Good Morning Britain, Piers Morgan spoke to US conservative news personality Tucker Carlson and stood by his comments, accusing the couple of the “most extraordinarily disingenuous smear, hit job” on the royal family.

    And he said he has the backing of the public. Morgan said: “Old, young, black, white, it didn’t matter. They’ve been coming up to me in their droves all day every day.”

    Morgan said people either agree with his comments on Meghan or defended his right to free speech.

    “The British people have seen through this,” he told the Tucker Carlson Today programme on the Fox Nation streaming service.

  • Joseph Gamp

    NEW 2 PART INTERVIEW WITH PIERS ON EXTRA TV

    Piers tweeted: “UPDATE: Check out my 2-part interview with Billy Bush on ⁦@extratv airing tonight & tomorrow night.

    “It was lively stuff.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS MORGAN SAYS HE'S FURIOUS SHERYL UNDERWOOD WASN'T 'FIRED' FROM THE TALK

    Piers Morgan suggested Sheryl Underwood should have been fired from The Talk in the wake of her bust up with Sharon Osbourne.

    He told Fox News: “I’m staggered Sheryl Underwood is still on that show.

    “How can you be on a show when you forcibly brand someone a racist? And when you’re challenged about it you can’t produce any evidence.

    “Isn’t that by the Sharon Osbourne scale of dismissal a fireable offence? I’d said so. But there lies the hypocrisy at the heart of this debate.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    MEGHAN MARKLE BRANDED 'DELUSIONAL DUCHESS' BY PIERS DURING FOX INTERVIEW

    Piers Morgan branded Meghan Markle as the “delusional Duchess” during is interview with Fox News.

    The former GMB host made the swipe as he defended free speech to the US news network.

    He said: “It’s not really about Meghan Markle — she’s a delusional duchess who wants to make millions off the Royals while trashing family,” Morgan said. “It’s really about free speech.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS SAYS MEGHAN'S CLAIMS IN OPRAH INTERVIEW 'IMPOSSIBLE TO BELIEVE'

    Piers Morgan yesterday continued to attack Meghan Markle, saying her claims in the Oprah Winfrey interview are “impossible to believe”.

    During his hour-long interview on Fox News he said: “Seventeen different claims by the pair of them have now been proven to be either completely untrue or massively exaggerated or unprovable.

    “I don’t understand why I should have to believe people who are not telling the truth.”

  • Joseph Gamp

    ALEX BERESFORD GMB SPAT WAS 'PREMEDITATED ATTACK' SAYS PIERS

    Piers Morgan has accused Alex Beresford of a “premeditated attack” during their Meghan Markle clash on Good Morning Britain ahead of his shock exit.

    The 56-year-old journalist sensationally quit Good Morning Britain on March 9 in the wake of Meghan and Prince Harry's explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey.

    During his hour-long interview with US television host Tucker Carlson, Piers opened up about what happened between him and Alex.

    “He is himself a bi-racial man so he wanted to explain so I said come on air, let's have the conversation.

    “But the moment he came on air, he came with a pretty premeditated attack on me on a pretty personal level and frankly I just wasn't going to have it.

    “I walked off… I was quite angry in the moment, he claimed that I have a personal vendetta against Meghan Markle, which I don't.”

    Read the full story here.

  • Joseph Gamp

    KATE WASN’T PREPARED FOR ROYAL LIFE, JUST LIKE MEGHAN – ROYAL BIOGRAPHER

    Kate Middleton wasn’t prepared for royal life, just like Meghan Markle, a royal biographer has claimed.

    Princess Diana’s biographer Andrew Morton said Meghan Markle wasn’t the only woman who entered royal life unprepared for the role.

    He told the Royally Obsessed podcast: “During the interview, she said, ‘Nobody told me about the national anthem.’ Quite frankly, they don’t tell you.

    “It’s not like there’s a school for princesses where you sit there and go through the procedures from A to Z. You learn it at the knee, you learn it from experience.”

    “Even Catherine Middleton, the point I’d make about her is that yes, she had the support of her family, and yes, she was British and knew what was expected, but nobody can prepare you for the level of intensity and the level of interest in you,” Morton said.

  • Joseph Gamp

    WHO SAID IT?

    Piers Morgan demanded last night that Meghan Markle reveal who specifically rejected her pleas for help over her mental health, before she quit as a frontline royal.

    The former Good Morning Britain host insisted he was right not to believe the Duchess of Sussex in her Oprah interview, alleging that 17 of her claims in the chat have proved incorrect.

    Piers, 56, was booted from his ITV morning show last month after expressing doubts over her bombshell allegations during the Oprah sit-down with Prince Harry.

    In the interview Meghan, 39, had claimed that she was denied access to mental health care when she was feeling suicidal because she was told it “wouldn’t look good for the institution”.

  • Joseph Gamp

    COULD MEGHAN & HARRY VENTURE INTO THE WINE-MAKING TRADE?

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could venture into the wine-making trade, neighbours of the royals have suggested.

    Penny Bianchi, a resident of the Santa Barbara neighbourhood and neighbour to Oprah Winfrey, told the MailOnline: “Investing in wine is pretty common in Montecito.”

    “I’ve got a bunch of friends who have wineries, I even know a couple of people who have vineyards on their own properties.

    “It seems to be a very popular thing to do around here so I wouldn’t be surprised if Harry and Meghan did the same,” she said.

  • Joseph Gamp

    PRINCE HARRY AND MEGHAN'S FIRST NETFLIX SERIES FOLLOWS INVICTUS GAMES

    Prince Harry will produce a documentary about the Invictus Games for disabled military veterans — the first series under a lucrative deal he and wife Meghan Markle signed with Netflix after moving to California last year.

    Harry, who served with the British military in Afghanistan, will appear on camera and executive-produce “Heart of Invictus,” a multi-episode series which follows competitors as they train for next spring's competition in The Hague.

    “This series will give communities around the world a window into the moving and uplifting stories of these competitors on their path to the Netherlands next year,” said Harry in a statement.

    The program will be the first released by the couple's Archewell Productions, which inked a sprawling deal with streaming giant Netflix last September to produce “impactful” films and series.

    “As Archewell Productions' first series with Netflix, in partnership with the Invictus Games Foundation, I couldn't be more excited for the journey ahead or prouder of the Invictus community for continuously inspiring global healing, human potential and continued service,” said Harry.

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS MORGAN SAYS DIANA WOULD BE 'HORRIFIED' BY HARRY 'SPLIT WITH WILLS AND QUEEN SMEARS'

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS MORGAN DOES 'NOT HAVE PERSONAL VENDETTA' AGAINST MEGHAN MARKLE'

    Piers Morgan has denied having a “personal vendetta” against Meghan Markle as he continued to attack the Duchess of Sussex.

    The former GMB host gave his side of the story in a 60-minute interview with Fox News.

    Speaking about the moment he walked off the ITV show, he said: “I walked off… I was quite angry in the moment, he [Alex Beresford] claimed that I have a personal vendetta against Meghan Markle, which I don’t.”

    His co-anchor Susanna Reid previously accused Piers of being “obsessed” with Meghan and Prince Harry, telling him he had “such a negative filter” about the couple.

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS CLAIMS MEGHAN AND HARRY LIED 17 TIMES DURING OPRAH INTERVIEW

    MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry lied or exaggerated 17 times during their bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview, Piers Morgan has claimed.

    The former Good Morning Britain host insisted he was right not to believe the Duchess of Sussex in her Oprah interview, alleging that 17 of her claims in the chat have proved incorrect.

    Piers, 56, was booted from his ITV morning show last month after expressing doubts over her bombshell allegations during the Oprah sit-down with Prince Harry.

    In the interview Meghan, 39, had claimed that she was denied access to mental health care when she was feeling suicidal because she was told it “wouldn't look good for the institution”.

    She also alleged that racist comments had been made by a senior royal about Archie's skin colour before his birth.

  • Joseph Gamp

    THE WIRE CREATOR DAVID SIMON SLAMS PIERS AS AN ‘EMPTY PARASITE’

    David Simon, the creator of the acclaimed The Wire, has branded Piers Morgan as an “empty parasite”.

    The award-winning screenwriter and producer also didn’t hold back in blasting Fox’s Tucker Carlson either.

    Simon hit out on Twitter, calling the pair as the “two most pouty and puckered a**holes in broadcast television”.

    A bitter, and often foul-mouthed exchange then took place on the social media platform with Simon labelling the former GMB host as an “empty parasite”.

  • Joseph Gamp

    PIERS MORGAN CALLS PRINCE HARRY ‘A BRAT’

    Piers called Prince Harry a “brat” during a prime-time interview with Tucker Carlson on Fox News last night.

    He said: “What’s happened to that guy? He’s turned into this whiny brat. 

    “In his mid-thirties, complaining that his dad isn’t still financing everything that he does. Complaining that he was cut off by daddy and his millions.

    “Actually that wasn’t true either – It turns out Prince Charles had carried on financing him.

    “And remember Harry inherited millions when his mother died.

Source: Read Full Article