Trump takes down three tweets following Twitter’s demand

Trump takes down three tweets following Twitter’s demand

01/07/2021

More On:

DC Protests 2021

GOP senator says he’s spoken to Pence, and he is furious

How Capitol police botched the response to DC protests

Capitol police hold door for pro-Trump protesters: video

Capitol riots prompt US Travel Association condemnation: ‘Profoundly heartbroken’

President Trump has taken down three tweets following Twitter’s demand that he do so in order to begin the process of ending his temporary suspension, the social media platform told The Post Thursday.

The tweets, posted in the midst of rioters storming the US Capitol in an effort to disrupt Congress certifying President-elect Biden’s Electoral College victory, included the video posted by the commander-in-chief telling his supporters that he loved them and to “go home.”

The other two tweets also related to the riots, with one being directed at Vice President Pence and the other arguing that these types of events occur when a presidency is stolen.

“These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!” Trump wrote in the first of the two posts.

“Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!”

The White House did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment on the matter.

Twitter declined to comment further when asked by The Post what time exactly the president’s account would be restored.

On Wednesday, Twitter removed the three posts and locked his account “for 12 hours” once he deleted those tweets himself.

The news came the same day that Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced that Trump would be blocked from the site, as well as Instagram “indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks.”

“The shocking events of the last 24 hours clearly demonstrate that President Donald Trump intends to use his remaining time in office to undermine the peaceful and lawful transition of power to his elected successor, Joe Biden,” Zuckerberg wrote Wednesday in a post on his personal Facebook account.

Members of Congress were forced to evacuate in gas masks on Wednesday after hundreds of Trump supporters overpowered Capitol Police and breached the building.

The chaos included an armed standoff outside the House of Representatives’ chamber and multiple deaths amid the chaos.

The Electoral College went 306-232 for President-elect Biden, but Trump has alleged that widespread fraud tipped the results in must-win swing states.

Courts have rejected those claims, and Trump has refused to concede, though in the aftermath of the riots he pledged a “peaceful transition of power.”

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article